Friday, 9 November 2012

Furry Ducks and Purple Knees

The fluffy hat and i have been up at the parents in Scotland for the best part of this week.  Aside from a lovely jaunt to Glasgow to see the marvel which is Emelie Sande, a large part of my time was spent walking and eating.  Today is my very first day back in civilisation.  Well i say civilisation, this really means back in a place which has a costa, can receive a Sky signal and has a population of more than twenty-five.  

When this hat arrived, i wore it to cycle up to my sisters (the warmest hat i have ever owned - and if you know me, that's some acheivement).  She told me i looked like Kirsty Allsop.  Whilst that wasn't the look i was going for (i was thinking more of a scandinavian winter princess) i can see where she was coming from.  I do feel a bit like i should be wearing a Barbour jacket, carrying a Cath Kidston bag and donning my Hunter wellies.  So to dispel the 'Allsop-a-like' myth, i went for my new favourite furry H&M tweed and fur coat, my also new (i know i know) Next dip dye grey marl floral sweatshirt.  Oh and some purple tights.  

Now the weather is most definitely on the colder side, if not super duper freezing quite yet;  i am loving wearing the ducks as more of a skirt and top type dress, rather than just as it is. Mileage! I knew these little chaps would be an investment!    







I think my all-of-a-sudden love for anything else ombre-ed that is not me; stems from my envy of all those lucky ducks out there who have taken the plunge and dip dyed their hair.  I just cannot bring myself to do it…

One of my very favourite wanderings up north was at a little seaside called Rockcliffe.  We managed to steal a day of interrupted sunshine.  I felt like i could have stood and watched the sea all day long…





Whilst i jetted away the Mr stayed here and made more guitars.  It was the first time i have been away and left him here (i've stayed here alone plenty of times)  it was weird.  I missed his lovely face a lot.  I expect he probably lived off pizza, played Xbox for most of his evening and watched an unhealthy amount of 'How it's Made' and 'LA Ink'.  Just a wild guess.  He doesn't care very much for my Kirstie Allsop Scandinavian Princess hat.  Apparently my head looks like a microphone.  It didn't stop him trying it on and shaking his behind around the living room though. 
 XxX










10 comments:

  1. I've been a reader for a while and love your style! Slightly worried as I own a Barbour International, gilet, and Barbour wellies...

    Proper LOL'D at last part, your Mr is as nuts as mine!

    ps: love the duckies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A microphone?! What are men like?! Haha!
    Well I think you look you fabulous in it :)
    And your photography is amazing as ever x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, too many "you's" in line two!
      Can you tell I've just woken up...? Ha!

      Delete
  3. I quite like the hat actually! And your photos are cool too.. I went away for an evening this week and left my boyfriend at home too, he lived off pizza as well.. what are they like? I'd love a week away from civilisation, maybe i'll have to get myself down to scotland!

    On another note, i thought i already followed your blog since i always check in via twitter, but apparently i dont so am adding you to my list now xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are incredible! wow they are so mesmerising

    hope you'll visit back!
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you finally added new post :) i was waiting for this for some time :) i love your hat, it's so amazing :) !
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rockcliffe looks so beautiful and peaceful. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do guys love 'How It's Made' it's the worst programme ever!! I love your new jumper, not normally a Next shopper cos' I always worry I might see a 50 year old woman in the same outfit and then I'd feel really old :-S but I like this a lot! xx

    ReplyDelete

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis