Wonderful Wednesday #196

{Icy starts making lately, lovely!}
Hello!  How do you doodle-do?!  You join me in a little bit of a sleepy state and after another seven day in a row stint at work which comprised of all of Black Friday weekend.  As we speak you read this though, i hope i'll still be wrapped up under the duvet, sleeping soundly and dreaming of the delicious breakfast of crispily toasted crumpets, crunchy peanut butter and sliced banana with a mug of tea as big as my whole head!  For today is my day off you see!



 What.  A.  Week.  If i've said it once, i've said it a squillion times - I really am getting too old for this seven day in a row malarky.  By the end of the weekend i could hardly co-ordinate my mouth and limbs together and bumped my head and 'self' on so many things during Sundays shift that i think i've lost count!  Not that spacial awareness is one of my strong points as it is {there's forever a bruise somewhere that i can't remember!} so factor a little sleepiness into the equation and you can only imagine!  



SO today's job {Wednesday, Wonderful Wednesday!!} is for being wrapped up warm-so-warm and indulging in a little lazy!  But now is for counting, and remembering and maybe even for feeling like i have to dig a little bit deeper this week.  Regardless of any of that, the good and great {or little and 'lessy'} is what we are here to count are we not...?!?!



1.  Dungarees.  But not just any dungarees.  A pair i bought actually at the back end of summer in the sale and tried them on, wasn't one hundred percent sure i was cool enough to wear and promptly forgot about them *covers eyes.* I must stress to you that doesn't usually happen. But all is well!  Turns out i am cool enough, or a few weeks down the line have led me to believe that i am and now i feel all kinds of comfy and sassy pants and fabulous.  {AND have worn them pretty much the live long week!}.  Who knew 'comfy' and 'sassy pants' would even come together in such wonderful dungaree-y shaped goodness!?!  These are cropped flare-y ones in a dark slate-y black wash that fasten with a zip all of the way up.  They're my most favourite thing to wear lately:  with a pair of boots and a stripey little roll neck and a beret for extra snazziness.  



2.  Toasted teacakes.  If you're a regular around these parts you'll know that toasted 'things' make a regular appearance around these parts quite often and you'll also know quite how much i fully endorse the right to 'breakfast' at any given opportunity.  Lately i've really been craving marmalade and slathering across buttered and hot toasted teacakes on days that have been hectic and busy have totally  been my marmalade jam lately.



3.  Doing my make up in daylight.  Silly but true.  Lately my mornings are forever so dark and my days feel so short.  Getting ready in the morning in false light {?} isn't nice.  I get up exactly the same time all year around but find this time of year so much harder!  A little bit of later start {even if it was due to an even later finish} and pottering around getting ready in actual daylight perked me up no end!



4.  Blusher. If there's one thing that's made me at least look like i'm still living and breathing this week then it's a little smudge of rosey pink blusher across my cheeks. I'm not ashamed to say that when real exhaustiveness kicks in, most of my make up takes a back seat and i tend to favour a few dots of concealer, mascara {blonde eyelashes are not the one!} and as much blusher as i can get away with without looking too...flushed!!!!  Praise be to rosey cheeks!



5.  Picking a new calendar.  Call me silly, but i find it quite cathartic picking up a new calendar.  I'm fussy and i like to pick the right one and i get a little bit excited to write on all my important dates for the year ahead.  And just like the feel of a new diary, i guess to me a new calendar is just as important!  I know what you're thinking.....it really IS all rock and roll around these parts!!!



6.  Eucalyptus.  For me, it's the Christmas-sy flower.  Even if it's not a flower.  Since i still think it's a little bit soon for Christmas decorations; my little tradition is to start to pepper our little home with a few strings of clear fairylights and to pick up some sprigs of green eucalyptus to sneak behind the mirror in the bedroom; to display in a clear glass bottle in the hall and even to bob into shelf in the bathroom {the smell when the steam from the shower catches onto its little leaves is so lovely} to just start to build up gently to Christmas.  The leaves also look even prettier when they soften in colour and dry out and can last for months.  



7.  My BIRTHDAY!!! Hurrah!  Well not so much hurrah since as i feel a million miles away from the thirty-three that i'll be; but mostly HURRAH because i'm off Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and i just cannot wait to spend some time with that Mr where we don't both just work, eat and sleep.  Oh that and a very big Anthropologie-looking-shaped parcel arrived this morning and i'm BEYOND excited to know what's inside!!!!



 8.  Clean hair.  Oh so silly but oh so lovely.  Long gone are the days where i'd wash and dry my hair each and every morning.  Now i'm lucky if i fit it in twice a week. Please don't judge.  Nowadays sleep and breakfast come high above most other things!  In truth though, the thought of washing my hair is not the one.  The feeling right after though?!?  When it's all soft and shiny and swishy and smells like clean coconuts?!?  Well it's always worth it, isn't it?!!?



9.  Stars.  Lately nights have been so cold and crisp and icy clear.  I've loved nothing more than being able to see the stars above walking home.  They forever seem so huge and vast and so very faraway.  Which is because they are!  They still fascinate me now just as much as they did when i was little and used to stand look up at them.  



*  *  *


And by jingo if you don't mind me telling you i'm so very glad we're done.  My eyes ache and i can smell honey roasted parsnips and well; i love you all ALOT but gosh do i also love honey roasted parsnips to the moon and back!  Don't forget to bob right on over to that gorgeous gang of gals: Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri's, and Peta's  blogs and check out their very own #wonderfulwednesday lists of good and great things to be downright celebrated!  Betterter still, join in yourself and let us know!  Tag us across all social media by using the #wonderfulwednesday aaand remember always, i'm @sallytangle.  



Same time next week...?