Deeply Dippy

I had the luxury of a whole week off work a few weeks ago and so i decided to get my DIY boots on!!  As i have probably mentioned before, my discount at Monsoon is rather generous, and so consequently i have rather a large wardrobe full of old Monsoon items!!  I am also lucky as i love Monsoon with all my heart and so i am quite happy to wear and wear everything until it falls apart.  Sometimes though, you just get a bit fed up of something, but you love it so much you don't want to throw it away.  


Now i have always been someone who is great at the ideas side of everything, and not necessarily so great at the cutting,sewing etc etc. So i hung up this little dress on the wall for almost a week.  Each time i went into our spare room, i kept thinking about what i could do…..dum de dum de dum…. And then i had it.  I was going to dip dye it.  


Now bear in mind the last time i remember going anywhere near dye was tie dying at Brownies! I mentioned it to my lovely friend Amanda of Uniquely Snowflake (she is a crafter extraordinaire!) and she said it should work.  And so i thought, well what can i lose?!


I literally followed the instructions on the Dylon Cold Water Dye which i got from our local Wilkinson for just £2.99.  Trust me, the whole process is 110% fool proof.  


AND I AM SO PLEASED AND PROUD OF THE RESULT!!!!  


A whole new looking dress for less than a fiver.  So now i am looking for my next Dye project!!  Have told Mr Lee he better not sit still for too long…


XxX