Livin' in my socks

I have fallen in and out of love with my knees.  As someone who has no real spacial awareness and spends a lot of time bumping into things, bumping my head and evidentially, bruising myself like a little peach; i don't often get them out.  In fact i probably wear more trousers in summer than any other time of year. And when it's too hot for trousers, i move onto maxi skirts and dresses!!

If i could wear my 90 deniers all year round, heaven help me i would.  Meet my new friend - over knee socks.  I have a couple of pairs of these in paler colours which i have only ever worn with nighties or long tshirts for bed (the cosiest thing ever).  I have recently started to wear them mosying about at home and i am quite excited for Spring (did i even just say that?!) when i can layer them with my smock dresses and chunky cardigans….





 
I have spent my day dilly dallying, making butternut squash, sweet potato and sage soup, and pottering with a little festive shopping.  After hearing Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas' twice today, we might have to watch Love Actually later…with mince pies of course.

If you haven't heard of Chairlift before…tickle your ears with the aptly named 'Bruises' courtesy of moi.