Wonderful Wednesday

I am sat tip tapping away to your lovely faces while i run a bath.  I am excited that my Lush Christmas bath bomb stash will last right until its warm enough for cool showers and sleeping with wet hair.  I am going to use my favourite face oil afterwards and have a cup of lady Grey as big as my head and two chocolate digestives to dip in.  I like that i have realistic goals.  It's good to keep your feet on the ground. 

I wanted to start the new year (two weeks late?) with a few more regular features on this little corner.  I adore Bee's 'Sunday Round Up,' Rosies' '10 things that have made me happy this week' and Lisette's 'Thankful Thursday' posts so much that i thought i would share my 'WONDERFUL WEDNESDAYS' with you.  The idea's not based on any kind of intellectual or scientific idea, and it sure as heck isn't the most original one! I just want to share with you a few things that are making life wonderful in Sallytangle-land.  I am choosing to share them on a Wednesday. It is some sort of genius.  It's a change from pictures of skies, walnut whips and wonderful witterings on the weather no?  It will probably end up being largely food-based, but i will try my hardest to mix it up a bit!  

*  Enjoying tea again.  I scared myself.  I somehow lost the art of making the PERFECT cup of tea.  For me this is bordering on SERIOUS.  I became concerned for my health.  I seemed to be doing all the right things, but it just wasnt right.  If you are an avid tea drinker you will realise and sympathise that a bad cup of tea is just not worth drinking.  But don't lose sleep.  My tea mojo is BACK and so i have been gulping down the stuff like it's going out of fashion.  

*  Appreciating a really good combination.  Tart, ice cold and crunchy apple with cottage cheese; sliced banana and peanut butter on toast and red wine with a REALLY good spag bol.  It makes me a happy bunny.  

*  Reading again before bed.  For a while literature and i, well we fell out of love.  For a lady who loves words more than life itself, it was unsettling to say the least.  Who have i BEEN lately?!  I am easing myself in with the new Bridget Jones before bed.  I know its hardly Shakespeare (golly gosh i LOVED Shakespeare at school) but book, tea and hot water bottle before bed makes for the very best of sleeps.  If anyone fancies recommending me something i can really get my teeth into that would be just lovely.

*  Sainsbury's Apple Blossom and Lotus Flower incense.  It makes the insides smell like the outsides when it's Spring in full swing and let me tell you, it is the NICEST of smells.  Fresh and clean, and open window-sey.  

*  Being woken up by hailstones at 3am in the morning the day before a day off.  Lying and listening to them for a good twenty minutes and SNUGGLING up to the Mr knowing my alarm wasn't going to go off at 7am.  Smug sleep feeling! The loveliest.  

*  Impromptu coffee dates with my sister.  Well i had coffee - allbeit with a good glug of baileys in - she went for a large Merlot.  Growing up i always felt like we were complete and total opposites.  Now i feel like she is one of the very few people in the world who just gets me and who i can talk to about anything in the whole wide world.  Our coffee date included dicussions on 'changing the way we spend money'.  This was mostly directed at me for spending far too much money on Costa cappucinos after bike rides 'because i am re-fulelling.'  We also talked of her insatiable need to visit Norway because it is one of the best places to see both the Northern Lights and killer whales.  We then also discussed how long we have got until we really have to grow up.  It was deep stuff.    

What has been making your week wonderful so far? I would love to know!!