^first berry-shaped sightings en route back to Tangle HQ^
^perfectly pretty early evening golden light love^
^dreamboat skies to fall right into^
* * *
Other THINGS that have been equally good and great about this week other than obvious Autumn-shaped goodness:
* Finding a DRESS i had completely forgotten i owned (a sign that there is probably still far to much 'stuff' in those wardrobes of mine?) which has perfectly fixed my 'i am at a hen party on Saturday and have nothing that i want to wear' - shaped dilemma. Huzzah!
* Attending Carlisle Living (the magazine i am ever so lucky to have my own column in) first ever AWARDS on Thursday evening. This was one of the most surreal experiences in a long time. To first of all be asked to be involved and to help judge some categories to actually attending the event and being seated at the editors table along with other judges and the host, none other than Grace Dent - well it was almost a little too much for me to take in! On Thursday night i was recognised for my writing, for this little blog of mine and for being a creative person and that filled me with so much pride and happiness that i can't quite explain. To actually have complete strangers and established creatives tell me that they loved both my writing and this little space fills me with so much thanks. It was such a huge honour to be there and i cannot thank them all enough for making me feel so welcome.
* The Mr. Do you ever just have certain weeks where you think you love someone even more than you ever have before? This was just one of those weeks. Without going overboard, a man that purposely avoids speed bumps all the way home at 2am on Thursday evening because i so badly needed a wee is a man worth hanging on to in my opinion.
* Treating myself to the softest grey marl tee with the most perfect white font printed across its front, in H&M no less. Its sleeves are just the perfect length, it dips ever so slightly at the back in a flattering cut and i just know the more i wear it the softer and more perfect it shall become. It was perfect slung over a cotton sundress on Wednesday evening for an early evening bike ride.
* Spotting the sweetest old man sat on a bench in the park yesterday morning, with a tartan blanket over his knees, a thermos flask and the local paper. And his beautiful border terrier lay at his feet. He said good morning too. A true gent. My heart was warmed beyond belief.
* * *
So what do you all have PLANNED for this weekend? Tonight i am excited for an evening of us both being home, of eating delicious chicken and red wine casserole and mashed potatoes and for catching up. I am at a dear friends hen party all day and evening tomorrow which i am so excited for. Then i am crossing all that is crossable for this wonderful weather to last until sunday. I am hoping for a lazy breakfast of banana bread and tea and then a little adventuring somewhere green with the Mr.
Wishing you all the greatest most LOVELY of weekends and forever thankful to each and every one of you for dropping by this little place. You're the kindest most wonderful bunch of readers! Just excuse me whilst i go and find a tissue...