Spot the Wonderful Wednesday! Do you know WHAT, for my Wonderful Wednesday posts i always use a photo that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else; that is left over or didn't come out quite as well as the rest. This photo is not one of my best at all and is also probably the very worst photo i could have picked to try and add text to so that it looked vaguely readable! But you know what?! I flipping LOVE it. Its leaf-crazy, colour crazy and also might win the award for the most Autumn-ey photo i have taken of late. What do you THINK?! Do you know what we are all friends, you all know this is a Wonderful Wednesday post by now right? So what's been happy-making so far this week then..?!
* Feeling a LOT like Autumn has really and properly hit Cumbria. The littlest signs have all been there for a while: drifting fallen leaves, the nights slowly drawing in and all of the jazz that you expect. But the temperature just hasn't been quite cold enough. I did just say that. After a DELICIOUS day of wind and wet at the start of the week, the leaves really started to fall. The air felt heavy with the smell of wood burners and coal fires and i enjoyed flicking on that thermostat for the very first time. IT'S HERE!!!!!!
* Monday WEDDINGS. On Monday we had the pleasure of attending the wedding reception of a very close friend of mine all of the way down in Yorkshire. Seeing her in her wedding dress made me fill right up and realise that i miss her more than ever whilst equally feeling over the moon times a million that she had got her happily ever after. As someone who is not a raving romantic, I always surprise myself with how emotional i get at weddings. It really does just come out of nowhere!
* A BLAST of Armand Van Helden's 'You Don't Know Me' on a busy Tuesday afternoon. The kind of Tuesday afternoon that involved unpacking, cleaning, changing beds and all of the things. I often wonder how we accumulate so much stuff as just a twosome, and how everything gets so flipping messy! This song took me right back to my dance music loving phase (mid-nineties - it was all about dance music and scrunchies FYI) and i danced myself through all of the jobs and more and rewarded myself with a cup of Lady Grey and TWO walnut whips. Girl knows how to party…
* LOVE Tea. Well should i say Pukka's 'Love Tea' which is made up of lavender flower, rose oil and camomile and is just the ticket before bed. I even sneaked some into our bag to take away on Monday night. It did just the trick after a long, long day. This tea has me out like a light and having the very best night sleep. It also doesn't hurt that the packaging is pretty beautiful at the same time.
* FINDING the very perfect tartan scarf and not even minding having to pre-order it. It's really that beautiful. I can't wait until it gets here. I already have a dark green and red check scarf and an odd but so beautiful lambswool lemon, bright blue and cream tartan one too. I have been searching for a scarf just like the one I have ordered for what feels like FOREVER. You know the kind of scarf that appears over and over again in various Autumn-ey pictures on Pinterest?
* Closing the CURTAINS. Because our sweet little attic is so light, it's a dream during the warmer months because it acts like a little greenhouse: Just a bit of sunshine and a warm day and there is never any need for heating for days on end. It means from May through to September we often live with the windows open, the curtains too and no need for any kind of heating at all. As soon as the cooler days come, it's a little bit lovely to close those massive curtains, light a few candles and curl up under the blanket on the sofa.
* PORRIDGE. Along with the Autumn comes the excitement of warm breakfast! I had proper porridge for the very first time on Monday and MAN it was good. Since trying to switch up my milk and be more open to almond, hazelnut and coconut milk over the summer months, i decided to try and see if almond milk worked in porridge. It is the BEST! I have never had porridge so creamy, and yummy ever ever ever! I used one cup of oats, one cup of almond milk, a splash of water and a mashed banana and simmered until the liquid was absorbed and the oats were soft and cooked through. Then i stirred in a tablespoon of chia seeds, a table spoon of coconut oil and a liiiiittle drizzle of runny honey on top. Go!! Go and try it right now if you love porridge as much as me! It had me full until lunch and i left the house feeling like i was really ready for the day you know?
* Buying a greetings CARD just for me. It isn't just me that does this is it?! I am forever buying myself greetings cards. In fact anywhere that sells them - supermarkets, stationary shops, gift shops - you can lose me for a good ten minutes just so i can look. I bought the sweetest Rifle Paper Co. card to stick up in my our little office. I swear i could wallpaper the walls with greetings cards in this little place and it'd make me so happy! Sometimes i buy them for the beautiful illustration, sometimes for the colours or print; sometimes even just 'cos of a really really good font. I like a good font i do.
* Feeling PROUD and excited all at once. I am off to see my darling younger sister play the lead role at the theatre this Friday. Whilst it technically hasn't happened yet i can't tell you how proud i am of her. She is forever amazing me with her bravery, courage and 'just do it' sort of an attitiude. I could learn a lot from that BEAUTIFUL lady sometimes i can tell you!
* * *
So DEAR faces, do share. What on earth has been making you SMILE so far on this beautifully Autumnal week..? I would love to know! Leave me a sweet comment below or you can tweet me with your #wonderfulwednesday . I'm @sallytangle .