Wonderful Wednesday #126

 {Secret patches of wild lavender on wander home from work last week}
Hello there!  Remember me?!  Heavens it's only been two weeks since we last sat down and caught up here, but to me it feels like an absolute eternity!  I felt awful that i missed last weeks post and i *think* if I'm correct, out of 125 Wonderful Wednesday's - it was the very first one that i have ever missed.  I'm not should if that makes me super cool or really rather sad!  We had Wifi issues after moving into our new house which we didn't forsee and so it couldn't be helped.  It didn't stop me from feeling all kinds of guilty though!  

It was so so lovely to have so many tweets, emails AND an actual real life person at work say to me that they had missed my mid-week cheer.  It was the LOVELIEST feeling!   So I'm back to it and feeling all kinds of funny because it's ever so odd being sat a computer typing to you lovely lot, as i have done some 125 times before and yet in a totally different place.  

Our new house is FAB.  Last week it wasn't fab.  I was the tiredest I'd been in months after our house moving accidentally landed right in the middle of launching two sales at work and two or three ten hour shift and most days off spent packing, sorting and cleaning.  Last week, on a fair few occasions i just wanted to be back in our little attic, somewhere i knew; that was familiar and felt like home.   

But as it got to last weekend, we turned a corner and remembered why we'd moved in the first place.  Last Friday evening when we both got home, instead of slumping on the sofa and flipping through the TV, or phones or Ipads, we made some tea and sat out in the sun in our own little garden and just talked.  It was the nicest evening and such a lovely way to end the most stressful week.  We sat and watched the {then!} blue sky and cotton-wool clouds and listened to the nothing-ness - absolute silence save for the birds and the wind tickling the leaves of the sycamore tree at the end of the garden and suddenly it was home.  

Yes I'm sat talking to you still surrounded by boxes and yes i have run out of underwear on several occasions since i do not seem to be able to locate half of it and yes i do wish it was all sorted BUT it's coming together slowly and i just know we'll get there eventually.  And actually, even if i am the most impatient person that there ever was; half of the fun so far has been the planning, imagining and deciding what comes next and what will go where.  
 *  *  *
 
But maybe we should get on with this weeks' happy listin' before i get really carried away.  Although i shall warn you that it's almost entirely the moving house edition...  

1.  Familiar things.  I feel a little guilty for saying so but sometimes, things and more to the point your things in a new, strange or just plain different place; can be what makes home feel more.....home-shaped?  We're getting there and this little place is feeling more and more like home the more we're here too.  But wearing my favourite super soft {if not ripped too much!} faded slouchy jeans and my much loved black and white breton tee when i get in each night, coupled with about a million other familiar things in 'getting-there-but-not-quite-there-yet' surroundings such as cushions, quilt covers, scented candles etc etc, is making the world of difference to accepting a new routine altogether.

2.  New discoveries.  'Cos hells bells there's been SO many of those since we last spoke but ones that = short cuts home after a long day - OH are they welcome!  Especially when they run right along a river, through a little bit of woodland and keep my eyes so busy at all of the green, blue and white and wild flowers that I'm almost home in what feels like no time at all!  I'm not so sure how said pretty route will walk come the icy months....

3. Outside space.  It's not rocket science and to be honest since i harp on about the greatness of green all of the live long day, I'm not entirely sure why it's come as such a surprise quite how much i love our little garden.  It's perfectly square and is only the size of a postage stamp but it's ours.  And so far i've enjoyed placing our little terracotta pots on our patio (a pot of ranunculus, one of wild lavender, something i can't quite remember or pronounce but I'm sure I'll love when it eventually flowers AND a sweet little tub of fushia} and the time the two of us have spent on {rare, SO rare!} sunny evenings after work:  Sat cross-legged on cushions on the patio with mugs of chai tea and tales of our days to tell each other.  

4.  Silence.  I'd never really realised how noisy our little attic was.  If it wasn't beams rattling or wood creaking then it was the busy main road and the buses that chug-chugged along it night and day.  They were sounds I'd learnt to tune out, and some of them i became so used to that i almost found a strange comfort in them and a feeling of unrest when there wasn't any kind of racket!  Now the only sounds i can hear falling asleep are the rustling of the leaves on the massive sycamore tree that lives at the bottom of the garden.  And that's it.  And actually, it's the most calming thing and one of the reasons i feel like sleep has been coming ever so easily since we moved....

5.  Switching off.  I mentioned that i didn't post last week due to problems with our Wifi.  Whilst i really did miss taking time out of my week to share the bits i've loved, appreciated and am grateful for, i don't mind telling you that i really have been rather enjoying far less screen time and not to go all funny on you BUT just a little more time in the actual real world.  I've felt more relaxed and far less stressed.  But that might also coincidentally have something to do with unpacking and finally getting a little more structure into my life than i have had over the past ten days or so....

6.  Space.  Inside and out and all of the places!  I never realised how little space we actually had until moving.  She writes this sat tucked away in the corner avoiding poking herself in the eye with her own elbow due the large volume of boxes and other random paraphernalia that there is still to find a home for....  Aherm.  Spare rooms don't count though...right?  The idea was always to pack everything into this spare room and sort from it so as not to disrupt the whole house and to be able to get some kind of routine and order in our new home.  Maybe that's also having something to do with how much calmer i feel being here too.  It's less about trying to make things fit and more about being able to place them in a way that makes me happy....?  

7. New sofa-ing.  To you, from someone {called me!} that hardly spent that much time sitting on a sofa and was forever being told to 'sit still for one minute'.  You will never understand how great an invention the sofa is until you spend a whole nine days without one and have to eat your breakfast and dinner and sit on nothing but cushions, boxes and small pouffes on a hard wooden floor.  I was close, SO close to hugging our sofa delivery man.

8.  A silly yellow rain mac.  That sort of makes me feel like i should be on 'Deadliest Catch' whilst also reminding me of Captain Cod Fishfinger and also that I'm not entirely sure I'm quite cool enough to pull off OR should really be spending any money on at all given that I'm wardobe-less and have most of my clothes still in bin bags and boxes BUT one which makes me feel so flippin' happy and damn right giddy as a kipper whenever i wear it that i don't care.  I'm callin' it some kind of rebellion to all of this dreary wet, grey and nasty un-summery weather we've been having!

9.  Incense that smells like sweetpeas.  Which is fixing the fact that i haven't picked any this year yet whilst also making our new home smell SO pretty and summer-like which is also contributing to point 8.  Just imagine me sat in my little house, wearing my bright yellow silly mac, the rain pouring and with a big huge smile across my chubby little cheeks because it smells like summer inside! 


10.  My trusty ballet exercises!  For saving me and my tired self all of last week when it was too wet and horrible to explore on those two wheels and i felt so discombobulated that even just adding in a few more of these exercise sessions on my little yoga mat - in a amidst all of the chaos; sort of really flippin' well kept me feeling much saner than i could have been!  

11.  All of the sweet, kind and generally bloody lovely emails, tweets and ACTUAL real life in person-shaped comments i received after not posting a Wonderful Wednesday last week!  It both filled my heart and made me feel ever so guilty in one fair swoop!  But i'm hangin' onto the lovely feeling in my heart which reminds me how lucky i am to have this corner and for all of the lovely lot who take time out of their weeks to read this little post.  You are all WONDERFUL!

*  *  *
And, on that note if you so wish to fill your heart with even more happy; skip right on over to Jo, Cat, Michelle, Kate and Helen's blogs right now and delight in discovering FIVE more lots of #wonderfulwednesday greatness for you eyes!  Better still join in with us on any social media channel {I'm @sallytangle on both Twitter and Instagram} by using the #wonderfulwednesday tag and telling us what's been so great about your week so far, or even share below.  I know we'd all love to know!