Wonderful Wednesday #232


{#wondefulwednesday-ers meet Ness!}
WELL hello, hello there and how do you do!?  I had a moment then where i couldn't remember writing last week's post and then i remembered that our internet broke and i Instagram-attempted it {which if you commented on said instagram post, thanks so much i honestly thought it might end up being a terrible idea but i had some SUCH lovely comments!} and then posted a little somethin'-somethin' on the Thursday instead.  Did you catch IT?!  Drama, drama, drama.  


SO incase you didn't know or don't follow me over on Instagram orrr Twitter, we got a little puppy on Sunday afternoon.  I'm going to try my very best to not write or refer every single last point back to said puppy but i'm not sure how that one's going to go!  Do let me know if you want more....or less ?!  But in short she's a nine week old chocolate Sprocker called Ness.  Or Nessy bear, Messy bear or most recently Sock Ness.  She's settled in SO well and is picking everything up SO quickly.  She's also the most affectionate little bean and will pretty much fall sleep on anyone that stands still long enough.  She does sometimes forget she can't bite you aswell as her toys when she's having a mad ten minute frenzy.  She also LOVES plastic bottles {not ideal....but they do go in the recycling afterwards...}, her stuffed carrot and her pink rubber ball.  She hates her collar with a passion but we're working on that....

There! #nessspam over...ish.  

Shall we list...?!

1.  Ness.  {errr...what was i saying?!} Alter ego:  'Loch Ness" {i mean i knew there was a reason we'd named her Ness....}.  How to turn your world upside down in one easy step:  Get a puppy! I joked on Twitter that i don't know how people with children AND puppies cope - i mean how do you even leave the house?!  To say we're only two days in, or three when you read this, she's been SO good and brought us so much joy in such a short space of time.  She's proving so clever and so intuitive and seems to pick everything up so fast:  including anything she can get her puppy teeth into when you're not looking!  She's only waking us once in the night and going straight to the toilet outside and then settling back in her crate downstairs without too much fuss.  I shan't harp on - maybe everyone here doesn't want to read 'Ten million reasons why Ness is the best' instead of a normal #wonderfulwednesday-Ness{see what i did there?! Mwhahahaaaa}.  Needless to say we love her A LOT and she's sort of filled a little gap that we didn't know we needed to filling.  I'm not ashamed to say i filled up when i first met her *cough*.  SHE'S SO SMALL.


2.   A little bit of a rest.  By that i mean a few days off work.  Well i say a rest.  That was until 48 hours ago. Now i'm actually just a totally different  kind of exhausted!  But before that it was SO nice to rest, potter and just catch up with myself a little.  I say it over and over and over so many times but i need to NOT run on empty as often as i sometimes let myself.  I need to learn to say no and also that sometimes i don't have to do everything myself!  I'm working on it i promise....


3.  Peanut butter.  Scratch that any kind of nut butter will do.  I've been sort of a little bit off my food since we got little miss Ness - i think i'm just worrying about her - stupidly.  She's given me no reason to and has been so very good with us, but i guess it's just upset things a little.  I know.  Afterall i am Little Miss Routine!  I think once i get back to work and she starts off her little adventure going to work with the Mr each day i'll be fine. I just keep forgetting to eat.  WHO AM I?!  SO peanut butter has been my savour.  Sweet, savoury, give me it always and everyday.  I'm not used to being house-bound and keep forgetting to pick up food {again, WHO AM I?!} and any kind of nut butter has been swooping to the rescue on the regular.


4.  The thought of Autumn.  There i said it but we're what, half way {almost!} through the legitimate last month of Summer and once September hits you can betcha' bottom dollar there'll be nothing but cinnamon, golden hour, leaf crunching and all of the other autumn-related paraphernalia that goes with it over on these parts.  This week i've been dipping my toes in:  Revisiting my Autumn Pinterest board {tell me it's not just me who pins, pins and pins like a crazy woman then often forgets i can actually look back at my own boards for...you know, inspiration?!  I feel like i have only just realised this about myself and so i'm all of a sudden like an inspirational sponge!} and getting a bit excited!  That chill in the air first and last thing is a little bit lovely.


5.  Early morning dew on curly puppy dog ears.  Does it even matter if its raining, it's silly o'clock and i'm in my pyjamas with my shoes on and a random woolly jumper?!  We really need to teach that puppy that towel dries are a-ok and not a game. 


6.  Line dried and clean bedding. When you're so tired you feel a lit- scratch that - A LOT deliriously tired.  Best feeling ever.  Well the bedding part not the tired part - obviously.  I mean it wont be long before its time to stop hanging laundry outside altogether so a girls got to get her fixes where she can.  PLUS hanging out and drying three loads of washing on Monday made me feel like i was some kind of puppy dog mother-come-domestic goddess.  You know if you look past the million puppy pads, cushions and 'things' with tassels that have been precariously balanced high up and muddy paw prints all over my nice 'used to be clean' floors.....


7.   A little bit of stretching in a time of.....disruption.  Made me feel a million times better whilst equally making me want to fall asleep!  Trying to make sure that little Miss knows that she wont have our un-divided attention 24/7 when i want to hold her and cuddle her and let her sleep on me always is hard.  Trying to just do what i'd usually do at home and not fuss around her too much.  I'm pretty soon i'll soon be stretching on a yoga mat in the living room with a dog fighting to join in......but we'll see!

*  *  *

I'm going to love ya and leave ya!  Mostly because i'm slightly typing this with one eye and actually think if i lay down right here on the office floor i could sleep.  I worry that i might not wake up until tomorrow though and that's not really practical!

I'm going to hand you right over to Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri's, and Peta's and Ellie's posts and tell you to hop, skip and jump right on over and fill your #wonderfulwednesday boots with some more happy listing!  Maybe the kind that wont have five million spelling mistakes or only be written with the help of one eye.  Apologies!  Normal over-long sentences and using two eyes will hopefully resume soon!

Sending love to you all!