Another week, another list of reasons to smile. So far this week has been a lovely one for me. I am used to working weekends due to the nature of my job, but this weekend just gone i worked saturday and sunday. I did miss my lazy lie in and pastry munching with the Mr, but working the full weekend meant i had monday and tuesday off which was splendid!! A few other things that have been floating my little boat..
* Discovering a new interior show. I LOVE interior programmes. I am a dedicated Relocation Relocation-er, i adored Kirstie's Vintage Home and i am forever watching re-runs of Grand Designs. I am not much of a television watcher really but if it has interiors in it, i am there. This week i watched The Great Interior Design Challenge on BBC2 at 8pm. Essentially it is a programme that pitches four different interior designers against each other in a bid to design the best room. I was transfixed!
* Buying far too many bunches of DAFFODILS because they are now only a pound in M&S. I also bought a pretty little purple hyacinth plant to live on the side table in our living room. I cannot wait for them both to flower. Even though it is terribly cold outside, having some green in the house is cheering me up no end.
* SHOWERS in the middle of the day. After an icy afternoon drizzly bike ride on Willow. Somehow having a shower in the middle of the afternoon feels like the most luxurious thing. I had an empty home, London Grammar up loud and enjoyed using my favourite shower oil, a lovely leave in conditioner and padding about in an oversized white cotton tee and my printed cotton robe for over an hour afterwards. Pure bliss.
* Giving up my search for a Winter coat. I suppose since we are now closer to Spring than we are Winter it makes sense. It wasn't meant to be! I have decided just to treat myself to a little pale blue tweed blazer from BODEN. Have a nosey HERE. What do you think? I wear my brown tweed blazer from Monsoon so very much and so i know i shall get the wear out of another jacket in this style. And as for a Winter coat, well the search is scheduled for October…
* Keeping my word. Well that is if you ignore the previous point. I am striving to be much more CONSCIOUS of my money this year and not to fritter it here and there on a whim or little flight of fancy as i so usually do! So far i have done really well with this challenge. It bodes well that i have started it in January which is re known for being about three months long rolled into one. Starting the year a little penniless has done me the world of good. Apart from the new Spring bits i shall have to buy for the launch of SS14 at work, i am going to try and squirrel away what i can to save for much more precious times ahead.
* Bread. I can't do it i just can't. I do so LOVE my bread with every inch of my heart. i am a healthy bean and i do always buy fresh whole grain, whole meal or rye bread. I have been trying to leave it out of my diet as i have been feeling very un-energetic, but HEAVENS! I. Can't. Do. It. My mother always said there is no such word as 'Can't.' There is and i can't. On Tuesday i had scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and avocado on toasted soda bread. There are no words to how HAPPY that made me. Maybe i actually just need more sleep. I think i shall try that.
What has been making you happy this week? I would love to know, however big or small it is!